KIMBLEWICK HUNT - INFORMATION FOR PONY CLUB MEMBERS
At this time in the hunting season it would seem sensible to remind PC members that want to join us about basic guidelines.
- Whilst we are very pleased to welcome Pony Club members out hunting please be aware that it is the responsibility of the Pony Club to which the child belongs to provide an escort who will act as a 'nanny'.
- Each PC has an alloted colour for an armband, and these should be worn by PC members and escorts so that we can identify them.
- The 'nanny' should be suitably mounted.
- When the time comes to finish for the day the escort should take ALL their children home, and not leave them un-escorted to continue. Of course they may persuade another escort to take over responsibility, but if that is not possible the children must go with their own escort.
- The PC members should be reminded that manners are expected within the Field - no cutting up other horses at jumps, wait for the horse behind to negotiate the gate/bridge/narrow place before heading off etc.
- A helpful PC member is welcomed so if there is a gate to be held please don't have to be asked twice - jump off and help.
- When hounds pass turn ponies heads towards hounds and move out of the way quickly.
If these points can be taken on board we will all have a better day!
Jane Vowles, MFH, Kimblewick Hunt